LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Advice on Rocker Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice on Rocker Arms

Okay guys just a quick question for you guru's, Due to various issues with time and money on my last rebuild I had to go with Stamped rockers.. but times have changed and it's time to replace the rockers with an upgrade.

My question is does anyone have any advise on which would be a better rocker, I am currently looking at either the Pro Mags or the Crane Gold Race's
I have been told the Scorpions are not bad either and they are cheaper than the Cranes. Also has anyone used the Vortecs?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with either the Comp Pro mags or the crane golds. They are both good pieces. I'm running the promags but they do require a little "engineering" to the valve covers. Youll need to take some pliers and bend the ribbing inside the VCs.

I dont advise going with the scorpions. ive known 2 people that have had them crack within 2 years of installing them.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Comp Cams Pro-Magnum 7/16" NSA 1.6RR's hands down. Part# is 1305-16. There is a reason Ai, LE and the like recommend these rockers and they would get my vote.

Quick Reply: Advice on Rocker Arms