LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

DFI Gen 7 guys in here(or anyone who knows aftermarket stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DFI Gen 7 guys in here(or anyone who knows aftermarket stuff)

I swapped over to a crank trigger and msd billet distrib setup. I was running a Accel dual sync but it didn't cooperate at 7500 rpms so I made the switch. Problem is now it won't crank. I have the crank and cam signals wired up and see rpm at the PCM when trying to crank it. But I get no spark. The car ran fine with the dual sync and all I did was change the above mentioned stuff. I'm brainstorming on what I need to check. I have a msd box on the car tht runs to my coil. I have power at the msd box. Like I said, I just swapped over to the crank trigger and the car ran before this. I didn't change any of the wiring to the msd/coil setup. Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

On my FAST unit the crank trigger has to be at 50* BTDC and the cam sensor between 60*-90* BTDC. don't know if that helps. I use a IPU on both the crank and cam.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just went through the same exact thing but I had my dyno guy do the electronic part. You have to make sure that the rotor phasing is correct so that the crank trigger is picking up a signal at the same crank degree as the dual sync was. Our distributor is impossible to get to so he hooked up a scope and watched the rising and falling pulses and synced it up that way. I can't tell you how to do it though, it was way over my head but thats the jist of it. If you have already done that then I'm not sure. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

I synced it in like the dfi book told me too. I cut my cowl back enough to see it. I will recheck everything again just to make sure.

I will recheck everything again to make sure its all phased like it says before startup. I'm also going to pull my coil wire to see if its even trying to fire before I do any of this.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

FAST has a few videos on their website about syncing up the rotor as well as setting the crank trigger up.... it might help if only for informational purposes.... With my FAST setup I as well did 50 deg BTDC on #1 and then lined up the pickup for the crank trigger....

Quick Reply: DFI Gen 7 guys in here(or anyone who knows aftermarket stuff)