LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opti spark question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opti spark question

Ok guys...i'm getting really flustrated working on my brothers car. It will run fine and then die all the sudden....I let it run for like 15 minutes, went to take it down the road and it died on me and had to let it sit for a while and it fired back up. I scanned the car and it threw a code 16. I checked all the wiring to the opti and to the coil....wiring checked out. I checked the coil plug in and the wire and they were corroded to hell and back so i just put a new coil and a new set of wires on it....and it still does the same crap. Does this sound like it could be the opti to you guys? Also, one other question. Where the hell is the evap solenoid located at???? i found the charcoal canister in the back but cant seem to find the solenoid. I'd just like to get my bro's car running for him...poor guy..hasnt ran right since he bought it. lol. Thanks guys
Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

the evap syl. is on the intake manifold and has a few vacuum hoses going to it. There is actually a picture under the hood of his car (if no-one removed it) Usually on the radiator shroud that will tell you where it is located. But some are on the passenger side and others I believe are on the drivers side!

Oh yeah, and that could be an opti! no way really to tell other than to check for spark after the car dies and to check for current/voltage at the coil, ICM, and Coil. Good Luck

James
Old 04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Thanks a lot LT1Formula
Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

No Problem man! Hope you get it figured out!

James

Quick Reply: opti spark question