LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What other mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What other mods?

I have CAI,3.73,T-stat,TB Bypass,and exhaust.Are there any other little mods I can do or is my next step headers?Im dont want to any suspension I like where my is now.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

what are your plans for the car? headers are an excellent mod to do and will allow you to get the most out of your future mods
Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you done the Trickflow Elbow to eliminate the factory donkey dick? Air foil? Maybe some pulleys and a electric water pump before the headers as well.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I would do headers personally but I will also throw out some 1.6RR's to the mix. Also you say you dont like suspension but some LCA's will never hurt, more power to the ground is never a bad thing. When building power suspension is often overlooked unfortunately but is extremely important. If I bought a bone stock LT1 right now my first mods would be suspension related as in a torque arm, lca's, subframes, etc.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Have you done the Trickflow Elbow to eliminate the factory donkey dick? Air foil? Maybe some pulleys and a electric water pump before the headers as well.

elbow does nothing, air foil does nothing, UD pulley does nothing, and the EWP might be worthwhile - but I would not recommend one if the car is a DD.

Headers/y-pipe would see big gains as would some roller rockers - and all retain the driveability/reliability you now know.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Launching!

I drive the car year round and Im not looking for an all out 10 or even 11 second car.I take it to the track maybe 4 times a year thas why I am asking.Just want something with good power and sound but nothing crazy.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
elbow does nothing, air foil does nothing, UD pulley does nothing, and the EWP might be worthwhile - but I would not recommend one if the car is a DD.

Headers/y-pipe would see big gains as would some roller rockers - and all retain the driveability/reliability you now know.
May not add much if any but for the price of it your not out much. As far as your comment on the pulleys you are dead wrong cause I def noticed a difference off the line
Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

May not add much if any but for the price of it your not out much. As far as your comment on the pulleys you are dead wrong cause I def noticed a difference off the line
Disagree all day long - I've dyno'd the pulley, and I have proof that it provided absolutely no appreciable gain for the cost. There are better things to spend your money on.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lilblackZ28
I drive the car year round and Im not looking for an all out 10 or even 11 second car.I take it to the track maybe 4 times a year thas why I am asking.Just want something with good power and sound but nothing crazy.
You say you want good sound and power so LT's would be your answer. LT's really make an LT1 in terms of sound and they give pretty impressive gains on stock motors so I'd just do them next.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Banned

Disagree all day long - I've dyno'd the pulley, and I have proof that it provided absolutely no appreciable gain for the cost. There are better things to spend your money on.
Disagree all you want cause I know how my car took to the mod and it DID make a difference...not a BIG one but it did.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Disagree all you want cause I know how my car took to the mod and it DID make a difference...not a BIG one but it did.
Great - we're arguing my dyno results versus your butt-meter

More power to ya.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Great - we're arguing my dyno results versus your butt-meter

More power to ya.
Ok so because your dyno picked up nothing for that mod that holds true for everyone elses cars? And if this mod is so garbage why did you do it?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Ok so because your dyno picked up nothing for that mod that holds true for everyone elses cars? And if this mod is so garbage why did you do it?
Because I believed the hype of the marketing for it - my mistake. I since sold it. FWIW, I bought a HPP and an airfoil at the early stages of my mods too, and sold them as well. Will it show gains on other cars? Very little, if any, and like I said before, these are definitely not worth the money.

Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt that says 'sucker'.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Because I believed the hype of the marketing for it - my mistake. I since sold it. FWIW, I bought a HPP and an airfoil at the early stages of my mods too, and sold them as well. Will it show gains on other cars? Very little, if any, and like I said before, these are definitely not worth the money.

Well I am still gonna disagree with ya on the pulleys..as far as the air foil and intake boot go money wise they were under 75 bucks so no real loss and its nice to know they are on. To buy them, install them and then take them off and resell them seems like more wasted time then anything.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

To buy them, install them and then take them off and resell them seems like more wasted time then anything.
No disagreement there. That's why I try to save people from buying them and going through the process in the first place.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

come on girls, don't fight. the point of all this is, headers would be the route most of us would recommend. consider this thread done
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything Elliot mentioned may not DYNO better, but throttle response will go up. And SS, you probably went with the bolt-over UD pulley, instead of getting the UD built into a dampener ($160~). So all you did was ADD weight to the rotating assembly.

lilblack, if headers or rockers seem a bit out of your league, you could always go right to a mail order tune (MadZ28 or PCM for Less). It'd be more worth while after headers, but like I said, if you feel it's something you don't want to tackle, you'll notice a very nice difference with a tune. I did my own, and I won't deny I really don't know what I'm doing, but I notice quite a difference with my tune.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

So did you pass down that "sucker" t-shirt to the guy you sold these to? joke
Old 04-22-2008, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

So did you pass down that "sucker" t-shirt to the guy you sold these to? joke
Yep

I keep it hanging in the garage as a reminder whenever I read some article (advertisement) on how bitchin' something 'new' works.

"Bolt-on" is a misnomer in itself, and "Bolt on 25 HP in minutes" is a ******* lie.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never believe anything that is "bolt on in minutes" to give over 10hp (which is even being VERY generous). Headers will, but that's not exactly "minutes" heh

Quick Reply: What other mods?