LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

You know what sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry You know what sucks?

exploding water pumps.
This is the second time that my GMPP pump has pushed out one of its pressed fit water necks. First time it happend, I JB welded the fitting back to the pump,Trying to save my $200 purchase, But I guess that didnt really work. What makes it even better, after doing a little research, all GMPP parts are sold "as is" Just a little agrivating, Its only a few months old too..
What would cause enough pressure to push out on of those necks anyway? When she dumped all her coolant, it was well within normal operating temp.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you still have the restrictor valve in the one heater hose??
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would that valve cause little/no heat? I believe I remember a thread saying they get gummed up and can cause that, just want to make sure that's what they were talking about, because I forgot it's name. I was going to remove mine (because I remember them saying it's virtually of no use).
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly have no clue, i was just asking lol, because i broke mine and didnt know what would happen if i didnt put it back on so i got another restrictor valve and put it in. It might cause the heating problem considering any autoparts store sells that valve so evidently it has a purpose instead of being a special "dealer item"
Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both times, it had happend at the north side of 5krpms.. I dont know, Maybe I just got a bum water pump..
I didnt know there was a restrictor valve in a heater hose, so I guess I still have it... heh.
After looking over the car this afternoon, I noticed that she had gotten so hot, the plastic on the air intake had deformed a little around the throttle body... heh, I guess that gives me an excuse to buy a new one...

Quick Reply: You know what sucks?