LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Nitrous System for the Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Nitrous System for the Lt1

Well iam just about ready to order some nitrous for the good old lt1 and i was not sure what kit to get. i dont want anything really big just a 75-150 wetshot... iam planing on just spraying a 100 shot i just want the exta if i desided to go bigger...

What are some good prices i can get for the
...Wet System
...Bottle heater
...Window switch
...Pruge Kit(Not sure if the 4na or the 6na will be ok for what iam doing)
...And is the stock fuel system ok for just 100 wetshot

Ill let u guys pick the system for me and lead me in the right direction please.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.nitrousoutlet.com

Sponsor here and of the LTX Shootout
Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

We have a couple different option that will work for you.

The first is the Brand X single nozzle....
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3204
....this kit will support up to a 150 shot.

Second would be the Nitrous Outlet single nozzle...
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=802
...this gives you 2 pressure port built into the valve (for gauges and pressure sensors), and comes with higher flowing solenoids and nozzle. Comes with jetting up to 150 HP but can be upgraded to flow up to 250 HP.

Third..and my suggestion, since you wanted upgradeability
Our LT1 Plate system....
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2806
...available in 52mm, 58mm, and monoblade versions. These come with jetting up to 200hp and can max flow up to 400 hp.

We have heaters that start @ $139, window switches @ $110, purge kits @ $65.

On the fuel system I would suggest upgrading to a Racetronix system to insure you have enough fuel supply. The kits start at $249 and can support up to 6-650whp.

P.S. good looking car in your avatar, gotta love the white ram air formula body
Old 04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Whatever you do, buy your stuff from Nitrous Outlet. By far one of the best customer service lines you will ever find in a Company.

I would go with their Plate kit.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit! FTMFW!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by TX20D

post a pic of yours....
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

As soon as I get home...I didn't take any yet...
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TX20D
I second that, I have their plate conversion kit and it is a great piece
Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
We have a couple different option that will work for you.

The first is the Brand X single nozzle....
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3204
....this kit will support up to a 150 shot.

Second would be the Nitrous Outlet single nozzle...
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=802
...this gives you 2 pressure port built into the valve (for gauges and pressure sensors), and comes with higher flowing solenoids and nozzle. Comes with jetting up to 150 HP but can be upgraded to flow up to 250 HP.

Third..and my suggestion, since you wanted upgradeability
Our LT1 Plate system....
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2806
...available in 52mm, 58mm, and monoblade versions. These come with jetting up to 200hp and can max flow up to 400 hp.

We have heaters that start @ $139, window switches @ $110, purge kits @ $65.

On the fuel system I would suggest upgrading to a Racetronix system to insure you have enough fuel supply. The kits start at $249 and can support up to 6-650whp.

P.S. good looking car in your avatar, gotta love the white ram air formula body
thanks you car looks good to...
Ps i would love to by the plate kit but i really dont have enough money for a new tb being iam running the stock one now so i was thinking of just going to go with a single nozzle.
....are ur kits rated at the wheels or flywheel.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by th3brandon
thanks you car looks good to...
Ps i would love to by the plate kit but i really dont have enough money for a new tb being iam running the stock one now so i was thinking of just going to go with a single nozzle.
....are ur kits rated at the wheels or flywheel.
the kits are rated for wheel power....if you want the plate kit and are planning on running a 58mm TB in the future. You can get the 58mm plate now, bore the intake openings to 58mm, then reinstall the stock TB. This will not cause any issue.

Or you can run a nozzle kit now and upgrade to the plate later.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Launching!

also what to u guys thing about sprak plugs...do i really need to upgrade them as well...if so what kind
Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
the kits are rated for wheel power....if you want the plate kit and are planning on running a 58mm TB in the future. You can get the 58mm plate now, bore the intake openings to 58mm, then reinstall the stock TB. This will not cause any issue.

Or you can run a nozzle kit now and upgrade to the plate later.
o ok so what ur saying is the nozzle kit can be upgraded to the plate...i like that alot... so the 2nd link you sent me would hook right up to my lt1 w/o any problems
Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

I've heard tons of great things about both sponsors here on ls1tech! With that being said I bought from both of them. I purchased the kit, heater, purge, filter from Harris Speed Works and I got a window switch and some other misc. fittings from Nitrous Outlet. Both were very helpful and put up with my nonstop PM's and calls. Reason I went with the HSW kit is because it had the jetting I liked so I wouldn't have to buy more jets and it was on sale for a ridiculous low price around Christmas time! I like Nitrous Outlet's plate but I, like you, just couldn't justify spending all that money at once. If I want I could always purchase just the plate from Nitrous Outlet and connect it to my HSW kit. Anyway you go you will be treated right!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by porksoda
I've heard tons of great things about both sponsors here on ls1tech! With that being said I bought from both of them. I purchased the kit, heater, purge, filter from Harris Speed Works and I got a window switch and some other misc. fittings from Nitrous Outlet. Both were very helpful and put up with my nonstop PM's and calls. Reason I went with the HSW kit is because it had the jetting I liked so I wouldn't have to buy more jets and it was on sale for a ridiculous low price around Christmas time! I like Nitrous Outlet's plate but I, like you, just couldn't justify spending all that money at once. If I want I could always purchase just the plate from Nitrous Outlet and connect it to my HSW kit. Anyway you go you will be treated right!
yea i like the hsw kit as well and i did see that it comes with a **** load of jetting to ...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Can't complain about the price either!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

yea i like the hsw kit as well and i did see that it comes with a **** load of jetting to ...
Where are you at in delaware? we are actually running a install special at the moment if you dont want to be bothered with installing the kit yourself. check out package C, i guarantee you'll never find a better price for a total package like that. plus you can be assured it will be installed properly.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/908638-spring-install-special.html

that package includes the entire system and installation. If you want to install yourself and have any questions on our kits, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Mike@HSW; 04-25-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Where are you at in delaware? we are actually running a install special at the moment if you dont want to be bothered with installing the kit yourself. check out package C, i guarantee you'll never find a better price for a total package like that. plus you can be assured it will be installed properly.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908638

that package includes the entire system and installation. If you want to install yourself and have any questions on our kits, please feel free to PM me.
iam in wilmington de how far is ur shop from zip 19804...i would be installing the kit with a other buddy that is good with nitrous...so mybe ill ride up and check ur guys out sometime
great prices as well
Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

iam in wilmington de how far is ur shop from zip 19804...i would be installing the kit with a other buddy that is good with nitrous...so mybe ill ride up and check ur guys out sometime
great prices as well
It would be about a 45-50 minute drive. i live in media pa and it takes about a30 minutes. You could save on shipping and just pick the kit up if you would like. We might be having a dyno day soon, keep your eye on the eastern section
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
It would be about a 45-50 minute drive. i live in media pa and it takes about a30 minutes. You could save on shipping and just pick the kit up if you would like. We might be having a dyno day soon, keep your eye on the eastern section
yea i would problly just drive up.... i cant seem to find the rpm window switchs on ur guys page??? and what purge kit would i go with for the 150 single nozzle wet shot kit... 4an or 6an???
Old 04-28-2008, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

yea i would problly just drive up.... i cant seem to find the rpm window switchs on ur guys page??? and what purge kit would i go with for the 150 single nozzle wet shot kit... 4an or 6an???
pm sent

Quick Reply: Which Nitrous System for the Lt1