LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Big Fn Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Fn Problem!!!

ok i have a 96 trans am lt1, and i am installing some headers, and i was taking off the exhaust manifolds and the bolt that is against the firewall is broken, i didnt even turn it with a wrench and it practically fell off. so its in the head and i was feeling for the bolt on the passenger side firewall , and its fuckn broke as well...WHAT THE HELL!!! so now i have broken bolts off in each of my heads!! How do i get them out, never done this before?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah it happens to some people...its a pretty tight fit in the engine bay. your best bet is to pull the motor and drill out the bolts in the heads since there isnt much space w/ the motor in the car
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Launching!

**** I really don't wanna pull the motor I'm gonna get an air ratchet with a bit and an ease out and see if that will work!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Which headers are you installing? There are two sets of holes for the outer exhaust bolts and some headers don't use the factory ones so you won't have an issue. If not, you will need to pull the heads off to drill= Easy~out the bolts.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Pacesetter longtube headers is what I am installing and like I said knowing my luck the the bolt holes are the same I have never got that lucky!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Both of mine where broke like that. I have Hooker shorty's and the did not use the stock holes.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Well yall aren't gonna believe this ****, but on the back and front of the heads this one extra bolt hole on the heads , why I don't know, but I went home and looked and the bolt I broke is the farthest back well there is an extra bolt hole right in front of it and that's the one I gotta use to mount my headers and not the broken one!!!! WWWOOO. HHHOOO what a relief!!! So headers install continued!!!

Quick Reply: Big Fn Problem!!!