LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My progress

Over the winter I managed to install a TCI 3500 stall. This was a ton of fun outside in my driveway in 30* weather. Now on to the big steps. I'm in the process of installing a cc306 cam. I'm in no hurry to finish so I'm working slow and taking my time with this project. So far the motor has been completely torn down for the install as of 2 days ago. Yesterday the cam went in along with some LS7 lifters. I'm waiting on a new timing chain to close up the front of the motor and should have it in the next few days. To kill time I decided to paint my intake black. I polished the fins on the top and taped them off so I have some shine. A little goes a long way. Tonight or maybe tomorrow I'll install the pushrods and intake. I'll post progress as it happens. Also I'd like to thank shoebox for having so much information on his site for the cam install. It helps a great deal.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Teching In

atta boy!
at least it's getting further & further away from 30degree days now.
what kind of heads/headwork are you using for the combo?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Stock heads this year. I don't have money to go huge yet. I'll eventually port the stock heads when money allows.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

I know, I'm a slacker with the updates. Yesterday and the day before I fought the rain to swap my valve springs. I finally got them done in the afternoon yesterday so I moved on to the roller rockers. This is the first time I had to adjust rockers but everything seemed to work out ok. Today was the big day. I finished hooking up all the wiring and other small things. Got the alternater in and belt on so I figured it's time. At 1:35PM she fired for the first time. This car started the same as it always did even after being torn apart. Seems like the hard work paid off.