LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ever feel like you just don't know what to do next??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever feel like you just don't know what to do next??

I swear, I'm in a slump right now about what to do with my car...I've got just about all the bolt-ons, but I have bigger plans for it. I want to do a Procharged 383, but that is like a year or two down the line. Maybe three? I dunno, I guess I could start by doing my rear and suspension and just slowly change over my car to how I want it. Then maybe move to the transmission, and then finally the motor. Ugh, decisions decisions...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would deffinatley work on some suspension parts. Maybe some tranny work also. Are you A4 or M6
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nomoneyz
I would deffinatley work on some suspension parts. Maybe some tranny work also. Are you A4 or M6
It is an A4...and I plan to keep it that way.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I would do suspension, power isnt any good unless you can put it to the ground. Keep in mind though if you will be getting a different rear in the future make sure that the suspension components you get will work with that particular rear as well or else if not then possibly wait on that.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recommend upgrading the suspension and rear if you plan on making big power down the road. I don't think it would be fun to have a blown 383 and a 10-bolt rear with stock suspension. You would have trouble hooking then when you do your rear end has a chance of taking a **** on you.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have so many things lined up to do to my car. I get more in a slump because it seems overwhelming. I never run out of ideas to do to it though.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I have so many things lined up to do to my car. I get more in a slump because it seems overwhelming. I never run out of ideas to do to it though.
x2....

to the orgional poster... if i were u i would work on making ur car being able to handle the power b4 actually adding the power, thats my motto neways...maybe start with a tranny that can handle it, then a rear end, then suspension... then go for the big hp #'s...sou can actually drive the thing and race it more then 3 passes before shes out of commision
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, I know what you guys mean because the car has to be able to handle the power before I should make it. I'm thinking that by doing this in stages, it will be less of a blow in terms of cost. Hell, with what I want to do, I'm expecting to spend at least $20k for the supercharger, motor, tranny, rear, suspension. Not exactly pocket change, but spread over a couple of years, not too bad. Maybe I'll just throw on my brother's NX wet kit for the time being?