LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ported Heads Pictures and weight reduction progress pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Heads Pictures and weight reduction progress pics

Here are some Pictures of home ported heads I did in 2002. They have been on the car for over 35,000 miles since being installed 6 years ago. These are the heads that I matched that intake to in my last post (Home ported intake pics). Just see what you guys thought of them. Also some almost finished engine bay shots, before my ABS delete and low mounted alternator and power steering mods.

This is a roughed out port before finishing touches.

As you can see through the valve pocket out the ex-side.

Finished ports

My young 20 year old face 6 years ago all lit up when my headers showed up.

This is after original heads and cam swap 6 years after install, preparing for a major face lift and intake porting.

This is what Ive been into for the last two weeks, wire tuck, New paint, no ac and heater, fully welded and ported intake, MAJOR WEIGHT REDUCTION. Putting a recirculating radiator catch can in fender well and batt is moved to trunk. Made my own HVAC delete plate, still have to delete ABS with a p-valve and get my alternator and power steering mounted direct to block way down low out of sight. Also picked up an LS1 air intake system to give the motor a straight on street rod look. Im going to pull the water pump housing again and polish it and the out sides of the heads so it looks a little more trick.

Here is the interior fully sanded prepped and painted, getting ready to install ONLY, buckets, door panels, console and dash. Have to make some nice aluminum delete plates for radio and hvac controls also.

Thanks to everyone that motivated me when looking at all of your sick engine bay cleanup pictures. You guys truly driven me to this

Last edited by STOCKTA; 05-05-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks great, man!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

That's hella clean looking!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since this has risen from the dead have you made any more progress?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

The poor Transam is sitting on the side of the house waiting for me to finish it off. I put that cloyes double roller timing set on clearanced the timing cover only to find out I need the new 95+ opti and timing cover. I have since then picked up a 95 opti and have been looking for a good buy on a 95 timing cover and the 95 opti harness with the correct connectors. I have had this car for 7 years so its not really killing me (yet) to drive it so I will probably finish her up in the next month.

Thanks,
Josh

Quick Reply: Ported Heads Pictures and weight reduction progress pics