LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight problem

alright so my head lights on the 93 are acting really weird after awhile they just stoped goin up and down so i bought a whole new wire harness from gm redid the wireing and still nothing. a week later i checked the headlight fuses under then hood and noticed the driver side was blown so i put a new one in and it worked for 20 secs then it blew when i turned them back off. and the passenger side still wont do anything. its gettin frustrating manually putting them up and down. any advice would be great.

\edit i also checked my modual box with a freidns who works fine and it made no differnce
Old 05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar problem. When I turn the lights on, they will wait 5-20 minutes before the lids actually flip up. Still haven't figured it out.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you guys check the headlight relay module? It is a slim, square box with two wire harnesses plugged into it on the drivers side around the airbox area. The picture below shows it. This is not in an F-bod but it is what the relay module looks like. When my headlights started acting weird, this was the problem. Once I replaced it, all was normal. I took the old one apart and it was all rusted inside. Apparently moisture was getting into it. If you have a friend with an 93-02 bird, you can swap them and see if they start working as a cheap test. Good Luck.

Last edited by 97HawkLT1; 05-08-2008 at 03:07 PM.