LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

solutions for Front License plate holes? retractable front license

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default solutions for Front License plate holes? retractable front license

First off, I was thinking about making or buying one of those retractable front license plates for my LT1 formula... Has anyone done this? Also, If I do so I will have 2-3 decent size holes in my front bumper left from my license plate bracket... what have you guys done with these holes? Fill/paint them? Get flat head screws to put in? Any more CLEAN options?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

Black siliconized latex filler..easy way..I do believe there was a post about the retractable plate in the Appearance and Detailing section. Found it..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/907884-rectractable-license-plate.html

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 05-15-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes yes, that link is where I got the idea for the retractable plate. I was just worried if I fill in the holes, then I will have to do a touch up job with white paint and it might be a little off and maybe noticable. But, if I get bolts or something to fill the holes with it might even look worse... trying to decide between the two evils
Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just left my holes there...but my car is black. In your case I'd fill them and use white touch-up paint. It may not look perfect, but it will definitely look better than three open holes in your bumper cover. Or you can have them filled/smoothed and the bumper repainted at a shop, but that would cost ~$350
Old 05-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onefastbird95
yes yes, that link is where I got the idea for the retractable plate. I was just worried if I fill in the holes, then I will have to do a touch up job with white paint and it might be a little off and maybe noticable. But, if I get bolts or something to fill the holes with it might even look worse... trying to decide between the two evils
Lol got ya sorry. I filled mine in and smoothed them out with the silicone..parking patrol in my area is getting pretty hardcore so I might have to throw my plate on again...
Old 05-15-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Lol got ya sorry. I filled mine in and smoothed them out with the silicone..parking patrol in my area is getting pretty hardcore so I might have to throw my plate on again...
You should just look into the retractable plate like I am, instead of drilling holes back in the bumper... I hate the front plate law! boo!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onefastbird95
You should just look into the retractable plate like I am, instead of drilling holes back in the bumper... I hate the front plate law! boo!
No doubt huh..got a $30 ticket on my Jeep for not having one...dumb. Let me know how it works out if you do it cause I would be interested as well.

Quick Reply: solutions for Front License plate holes? retractable front license