LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Breathers for my valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Breathers for my valve Covers

I'm kind of wanting to take that pcv or pvc hose that runs from my valve cover to the throttle body, and just put a breather on it to keep the oil an stuff from blowing back into my intake. What size breather should i use, my brother said if i do get a big enough one to get the air out it'll blow my head gaskets. Anyone care to help a man out. =]
Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
I'm kind of wanting to take that pcv or pvc hose that runs from my valve cover to the throttle body, and just put a breather on it to keep the oil an stuff from blowing back into my intake. What size breather should i use, my brother said if i do get a big enough one to get the air out it'll blow my head gaskets. Anyone care to help a man out. =]
If you decide to remove the crank ventilation the size of the filter is not important. If you run boost and forget to disconnect the hose you pressurize the block. This pressure then needs to escape and usually it blows the front crank seal, the front or rear intake seals or even all.

Even under boost pressure it will not blow your headgaskets. Personally I do not remove the system on a NA vehicle. Hope this helps

Good luck
Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

im running a basic sized breather in the grommet on the passenger side cover and blocked the TB fitting off with a rubber cap.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i found abreather for it. But the local auto stores only carry breathers about 2ins wide at there biggest point. how would that be

Quick Reply: Breathers for my valve Covers