LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ignition woes...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ignition woes...

This is what was originally posted yesterday on another thread:
I had a very fun morning as I was driving down a very busy highway went from 3rd - 4th gear only for my car to just bog and die on me

Needless to say I was not happy as I was late for work, late getting kids to school
While I was waiting pulled out my laptop and ran Pro Scan only to find that I have the following codes.

DTC P0335
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Circuit

DTC P0336
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Performance

I am seeking advice and or input from those that may have experienced this with their LT1.
The bottom-line is the starter motor turns the engine strongly, but engine does not start

Things I have or will inspect

1. Replaced crankshaft position sensor due to DTC
2. There is 3/4 tank of 92 Octane in the tank so plenty of gas
3. Inspected that Fuel pump engages
4. Inspected Fuel pressure
5. Will inspect spark this evening
6. If there is no spark will inspect cap/rotor

Would you suggest that I just replace the Cap/Rotor or the Distributor/Cap/Rotor? My first instinct is the replace the Cap/Rotor as there just might be some moisture within the system especially considering the water pump was replaced a couple weeks ago but why would the ignition system just up and fail after having a problem with the CKP.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dono man ive delt with this issue many times before sounds to me like your opti is getting destroyed by some type of fluid. cap and rotar are usualy good unless cracked you may beable to get away with just replacing the ckp but i recomend a new opti

Quick Reply: Ignition woes...