LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Been so long since something has gone wrong. Need HELP LT1 guru's.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been so long since something has gone wrong. Need HELP LT1 guru's.

Ok well car ran fine for years till now. I have a new motor in it. Has at least 15-20k miles on it. if not less. OK heres what happen. I live in Sugar land and drove my car to Lake livingston. About 100 miles one way. Well i filled up before i left. Got there with no problems. I drive around 85-90mph the whole way there (thats how i drive). Anwyays on the way back drive was good. I got on it a few times on the way back to around 120 or so. Well i drop my friend off and as im pulling onto my street, my car starts to rumble harder when giving it gas. I figured o great one of my rollerrockers backed off.

Well go to check that out and all are great. Have not checked the driver side cause usually the passenger side is what goes. I checked all my wires and all seems well. I also have ties to pull the wires closer from the header so they dont burn.

I do have a MSD blaster coil, MSD 6AL box, DynaSpark, NGK6's and 8.5 mm wires i beleive all from MSD, cept the optispark. I cleaned my MAF sensor.

Well after checking all of this it still runs the same. More throttle i give the more it rumbles like its timing is off or something. I also have a MSD timing retard system for my nitrous which is always set at 15.

Any ideas? Im thinking it could be the gas, but wouldnt the gas start earyl instead of late. 200 miles after?
Old 05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Also the stumble is all through out the RPMS. Doesnt get worse or less. Stays the same all the way through.

It sounds like a burnt plug wire but i looked and found nothing. Could one of my plugs gone bad even though i replace them about 3 months ago?

Well went to drive it WOT and i have lots of HP missing. Do you think a plug could ov backed out? Cause i do hear some weird noise comming from passenger side kinda like a spark not sure? But at normal idle is runs great its just when i start pressing the gas is starts losing HP and stumbles.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sugar Land, so you're running E85 or what? When I run too much E85, it runs like **** like that. Most I'll run is 40% E85 to 60% gas. I might have been 50/50 this one time and it ran good, but I stick to less. And I've driven after an E85 fill up no prob, but next day it'll be crappy. That's before I figured to use a ratio of it, and filled up with almost all E85. So driving 200miles MAY be fine if it didn't mix much, then when you get to the more E85 fuel it could act up.

If you mean something else, then I have no idea, sorry. I'd pull the plugs and check them, as well as turn the car over while the plug is in the wire to check for good spark, and of course pull the coil wire and check there as well in the same fashion (plug in the coil wire will help determine).
Old 05-26-2008, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

hmmm well i filled up at valero. Dont know if they use E85. SO should i go ahead and fill up some gas from chevron 93. Lately ive been using 89 for the past few months and no problems until now.

Last edited by crAzy95Z28; 05-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using 87 for about a year w/o problems, but I'm a stock motor.

You'd know if you got E85, since it'd be 40~cents cheaper/gal.

Quick Reply: Been so long since something has gone wrong. Need HELP LT1 guru's.