LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

moroso solid mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default moroso solid mounts

anyone one ever have any problems with moroso solid mounts or any other motor mounts for that mater not lining up with the holes correctly........heres the long and short of my situation.......after workin a graveyard shift at my job and running around town taking care of stuff i started to replace my motor mounts......after a couple of hours of work{mind you plenty of smoke breaks } i got the old ones out....pass side was a snap everything lined up perfect...drivers mount a lil diff the 3 holes to the block didnt line up at all and the mount seemed to be placed forward just a smigg....plus oil pan rails were interfering.....i ran outta time and was pissed so i called up and had another set sent to me from summit to be put in a t a later time now when i can.....i was pissed cause i had to get up early just to throw the old ones back in that arent very good....so hours of work laying on my back workin under my car only ammounted to pulling and reinstalling the same damn mounts.........am i the only one thathas experienced this prob?
sorry long post but i tend to rant and bitch alot i guess
Old 05-29-2008, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set a year or so back and just got around to installing them. Long story short. I did the driver side first no problem, but when it cam time to put the large bolt through the two passenger side mounts, it needs a little persuasion. it sounds like you put the mount together while still being connected to the motor and expected to just bolt it to the k member. I suggest taking the mounts apart and bolting each to the motor and the k member separately. then have someone use a bar or some type of wedge to move the motor over a little. then put the bolt through the two mounts. it takes a little effort but you should be able to get it done.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took some effort to get both mounts in and everything lined up when I did the moroso solids on mine. Biggest thing that helped me was not tightening anything down on either mount until i got all bolts in place on both of the mounts, including the through bolts. It took a lot of manuevering the engine and tweaking the position of the mounts around to make it happen. On the set I got I felt like the passenger side mount was possibly a little off, none of the holes in the mount were centered on the bolt holes on the k-member. Getting the third bolt in on that one was interesting and took a lot longer than it should have. I can't really say that this was a fault of the mount though, it could have just been an issue with the holes in the k-member being right at or just beyond allowable build tolerances. The drivers side wasn't too bad, but the holes weren't what I would call perfectly aligned there either. They were definitely close though and didn't cause any problem for me as far as getting the bolts threaded in.

It was frustrating and time consuming but in the end once installed I have been happy with them as far as the feel. But, I will say I have no plans whatsoever to try to do anything with those mounts again with the engine and k-member still in the car.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my problem was the drivers side mount oles do not line up with the holes on the block......i could litterally get one of 3 bolts to line up and the other 2 would be pretty much half holed.....i'm eally hoping that it was just a bad cut and drill when mine was made
Old 05-30-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a set here that I haven't put on yet either. I've heard from other people that the trick is to keep everything loose, just threading the bolts in, then after getting the through bolts in, tighten down. I hope it ends up as easy as it sounds.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wasn't there a thread not too long ago (few months mind you) that had to do with solid mounts from someone and them sending out the wrong ones and people having problems with them lining up? I remember some of the big racers mentioning it.

Quick Reply: moroso solid mounts