LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ALDL Cable problems.. firebird

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALDL Cable problems.. firebird

(Posting for a friend)

Why isnt that cable working on an 1994 Firebird LT1, 5.7L
TTS Datamaster says that the com1 is ready and cable ready, but when the car is started and the "start" button is pushed it goes some seconds and then it says "PCM ERROR 1"...

Ive tried that cable in my 1989 Camaro and it worked well in tts datamaster.. (yes we have downloaded the right version of tts datamaster to the firebird to)..

That should work right, the firebird uses the same 8192 BAUD on pin M right ? I have removed the 10k resistor but still it isnt working. Now the fans starting and the SES light goes on when the cable is connected.. any ideas of why it isnt working ?

If i look at akmcables they sell the same cable to 89camaros and 1994 firebirds.. so I figure thats the same cable inside too then..

any ideas of why it isnt working ?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Maybe you should send Andrew at AKM an email or give him a call. He might have some ideas. Did you get the cable from him?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:29 PM

I bought the OBD1 Molded Cable from www.aldlcable.com and I soldered it myself. I really dont know why it isnt working.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

I have an aldl cable too and it doesn't really work either. I can't datalog with it, but sometimes I can get it to read the PCM and write to it in Tunercat. IDK maybe it's the cable that's the problem.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Launching!

You may have to change the COM port in Datamaster, to match the COM port that the driver for the cable installed. If you check your "DEVICE MANAGER" under "my computer" you'll find the USB ALDL cable, click it, and check which COM port it's on. Then get into Datamaster, and match that COM port.

If your problem persists. Call ALDL Cable. They're nice guys, and they helped me get my cable set up, and running flawlessly.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 PM

The cable works fine on my car Camaro 1989. I removed the 10k resistor and sent it to the one who has an 1994 firebird LT1. And we changed the comports and everything, still nothing..

Ive made that cable myself from that scheme.. Havent buyed and finished one.
I live in Sweden so its pretty expensive to call US.

Starting to think that , that schematic dosent work to that year.. with 3rd gen Camaros it works fine.

Quick Reply: ALDL Cable problems.. firebird