LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Optimal plug gap for TR-55s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Optimal plug gap for TR-55s?

Since the "Spark Plug Reference Chart" has fallen off the radar (I PMed Y2K, but maybe I should PM Speed Density), if anyone has it maybe they could post it again.

Anyways, since ONE of the previous owners of my car is a complete idiot, I just found out I have at LEAST one factory AC plug in my car and at LEAST 1 split fire -_- Seeing as I have plugs and just haven't gotten around to doing it, that has lit a fire under my ***, but now when I want to that great thread is now no longer with us (or in the archives which we can't view).

So, for a primarily stock car (sig minus the BBK), which gap is best? I usually do fill up with about 40% E85 when I get gas (hey, I have no probs running it and it's 60-75c/gal cheaper) if that will matter any. On the flip side, I will be moving soon and assuming I am allowed to bring my car with me (moving with my parents to TN, and Mom has expressed she'd like the car to not come with ), there is no E85 close to where I'll be. Pulling the plugs and re-gapping won't be of a problem if anyone thinks that gapping them different now will be of benefit to me.

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NGK TR55 don't need to be gapped. they are right where they need to be , at .055 inches gap hence the "55"
Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

you should still check it though
Old 05-31-2008, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, I will be. Thanks though.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I always give all my pluggs a quick check tho to be shure I know the gap of them as I install them, all it takes is one small fall and on the electrode and the gap could be off.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.055 is right.

I dont know why that thread is dead, FWIW the same info is on cz28.com

Tony.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Multiple threads across the board are dead. Potential Pontiac section has a couple too. I got a PM reply back from one Mod (that i don't even remember PMing in the first place lol) and he had me msg Sommer86... Well, I did and Sommer is quite confused as to why lol I am too now *shrug*

Oh well, I got the plugs in tonight. I love idiot previous owners. "Hmm I need to change my plugs.... Oh this is hard, so I'll just put THREE in".

Not only that, but it was 3 splitfires. On the flipside, it WAS running good and thoses Splitfires that came out looks really good (should've taken a pic).

So I had 3 Splitfires, 5 AC Delco 906 PLats, and who knows HOW many miles on the Delcos

That and apparently I A) have a junkyard block and manifolds B) the motor has been rebuilt. So now I get to call the previous-PREVIOUS owner and ask him if he knows anything

Quick Reply: Optimal plug gap for TR-55s?