LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust setup?

I now have pacesetter headers, td's a (3" xpipe w/ 18" powersticks), the set up is sick and is crazy loud, but since having the set-up, have gotten 2 tickets for excessive exhaust noise, and wana go with a nice set up that will be loud but not as loud as the td's. i was thinking of getting a pacesetter ory into a corsa or magnaflow catback? Can u guys gime ur honest opinion and maybe some sound clips? n which switchin the set up will i lose a couple of ponies? Wana get rid of the td's cuz they scratch and wana lower the car, thanks! .....also have a comp cam and valvetrain done as well.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pacesetter LTs/ORY go great with either Magnaflow or Hooker catbacks (The hooker sounds great, only crazy when you want it to be!)

If you keep out of it with both those catbacks, it should stay mellow enough to keep you out of trouble.....Then you still retain the ability to set off car alarms when you want to

Theres others too, alot of people here like corsa and borla, hopefully others will chime in on setups they have heard/owned.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

Magnaflow is a great choice as far as price and quality. It's extremely quiet but still sounds mean. When you get on it you'll know it's there. Also they are suposedly one of the best for hp out of the main choices. Either way just don't get the SLP loudmouth like me. All my friends call it the "pull me over" exhaust.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Im actually doing the exact opposite as you and swapping out my ORY and Magnaflow setup for an X-Pipe and Powersticks lol. The ORY and Magnaflow sounds great, very clean exhaust note and my second favorite catback next to GMMG that I previously owned. Its pretty tame crusing but very nice and loud under WOT. Im changing it out for an X-Pipe and Powersticks b/c I want to allow the new heads to breath as much as they can and basically just want to the car to be obnoxious. Do you or could you take a video of your car driving down the road normal and maybe getting on it a little bit? I am curious to hear how it sounds on the outside before I get it all done. I would do the same for you but my car is apart at the moment.

I dont have any really good videos but hope it may help a little:
idle/rev: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KW20lFZrE-4
crusing up a hill: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Picture099.flv
WOT: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Picture104.flv
Old 06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just swap out the powersticks for some quieter mufflers? It'd probably be cheaper that way and still sound better, most likely.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvORyPgQCbA

check out this video, its of the guy that sold it to me, he's cool and im glad he made this video for me, he told me this was the best exhaust he had out of a lot of combos, but where i work and live the cops are bitches and always tail gate me, and i always get pissed or scared so i might be really changin it out even tho it is a beast and gets a lot of attention. It sets off at least 5-10 alarms of driving in my neighborhood. If anyone has a corsa, magnaflow, or borla setup with pacesetters and an ory, please send links for clips and like i said there's a comp cam in it, and will soon put LE heads in it too. thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Im friends with the guy who sold it to you. I had no idea until I saw that vid. I thought he had Sweet Thunder mufflers on there maybe I am wrong? It sounds very similar to my old car with GMMG. BTW the cam is a 230/236 if you didnt know. He has had alot of exhausts on there and it does sound the best, much better than it did when it had single chamber flows.

Quick Reply: Exhaust setup?