LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

doing a top end!!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doing a top end!!

Im doing my top end( LE-2 heads, Ported intake, GM-847) on my 95 T/A i was wondering when i take off my heads and intake do i have to drain my coolant and my oil? i need to know because im leaving my car with the heads off for about 8 months (getting deployed again), i am kind of worried about leaving my engine like that with the heads and intake off, I.E. leaving it open like that with no fluids may could moisture to get in and destroy my engine and radiator. What should i do? And can i leave the fluids(coolant+Oil) in my engine and do a whole flush when i get back , before i put the heads and intake back on?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You HAVE to drain the coolant in order to take the cylinder heads and water pump off. Draining the oil is not mandatory, but it will not hurt anything as everything will be fairly well coated in oil from the last time the car was run. Just oil up your cylinder walls and wrap it up in plastic while you are gone.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do!! thanks man!!!! I just was getting different input from random people so i figured i would ask some guys that have been there done that! Thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: doing a top end!!