LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fan Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Problems

Okay, well see for starters, my a/c has never really worked. One garage said that they had fixed it and it worked a few times after that, but now it doesn't even kick on.

well, me and buddy fixed his a/c on his 1500 by jumping pods on his pressure switch.

We tried that on mine and we messed something up. Now both of my fans stay on constantly. As soon as the engine turns on a second later both fans kick on. Plus, I'm throwing a engine light, but no one in the area keeps ob1 scanners anymore.

My car stayed at the notch above 160 (I'm assuming 180) all day today and I drove it 100 miles round trip. I have to make the same journey the next three days and I'm kinda worried about it.

Any thoughts or ideas.

I've checked fuses and relays.

95 camaro z28
Old 06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ahhhh finally its happened to someone else now before you get your hopes up I haven't figured out the problem either but I'm going to see if a dealership can scan my car (my scanner and autozones both having said they can't communicate with my car) and if I find anything out I'll let you know too
Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat, but maybe between the two of us, we can fix it.

What all have you tried? that way I wont be repeating the same steps.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

The SES lite may be what's keeping the fans running. You really need a scan to find the code. It's probably 61 or 66-70. The A/C pressure sensor is not a switch, it has 3 wires Grey is +5V from PCM, Red/Blk is a pressure level signal to the PCM and Blk is reference ground. Pull the connector and check for +5 between grey and black when the ign is on. If no voltage PCM or wiring is defective. If OK Plug back in and check Red/Blk with A/C off and then turn A/C on (jumper A/C clutch relay is it wont start). The Red/Blk voltage should change. If not sensor is bad, no 134 in the system or compressor is bad.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Well the ses light came out the same time the fans started running. I gotta a buddy bringing me an obd1 scanner. So maybe i will get this figure out