LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who's low and still has LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's low and still has LT's?

I wanna get some longtubes, but my car is pretty low. I know scrapping is a threat. But I'm curious if it's still doable. Lowest part on my car right now is the SLP diamond SFC's, they have 3 inch clearance from the ground.

Would the LT's hang lower than that? Would shorty's be a better option for me?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is pretty low and I have LT from TPiS. I smack the Y pipe once in awhile on the shitty roads up here.

A lot of it will depend on how you drive and what your suspension is like.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Launching!

I was lowered and had LT's. The only time i would scrape would be pulling into a high angle drive way or on high speed bumps. I learned to drive around them tho. Approach at severe angles and you'll be fine.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the Strano Springs and Long Tubes which ends up making for some crappy front ground clearance but I never bang them unless i go too fast over a speed bump. I have no issues if I approach them right.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Eibach Pro-Kit with PaceSetter LT's The only place I ever scrape is where the y-pipe connects to the Magnaflow Catback. That's when I pull into my driveway without paying attention.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Eibach Pro's with Pacesetter LTs. Scraped once over a speed bump, but it was pretty tall, and I thought I could clear it driving VERY slowly. Then again I don't drive mine much, and always look out for bad situations. Your results may very!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
I wanna get some longtubes, but my car is pretty low. I know scrapping is a threat. But I'm curious if it's still doable. Lowest part on my car right now is the SLP diamond SFC's, they have 3 inch clearance from the ground.

Would the LT's hang lower than that? Would shorty's be a better option for me?
do it!your car will sound so much better.switch to the pro kit or the BMR springs. I never scraped when I had the BMRs on my ttop
Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Ive got an 80' vette with an LT1 and LTs and they Never hit.
Oh yeah, Ive lowered my car 4 inches and I had to have the curb drain shaved off my driveway to clear my bumper. My chin spoiler is 1/2 high on level ground. Im so careful about it hitting the ground the LTs have never touched! Spoiler is about 2 inches tall and soft rubber so Ive got about 2.5 inches to the glass bumper.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Launching!

If anything the part that's going to scrape is going to be the clamps honestly. You shouldn't have a big problem making it around if you use your head and look before you turn most places. If you live in Pittsburgh like me it's a warzone just driving around, the roads are so haggard you have to be on your toes.