LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Key/tumbler problem... not sure what to do really

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Key/tumbler problem... not sure what to do really

alright well i just started having problems with my car and it wanting to die on me as i start it and sometimes in just absolutely random times going down the road... so i sat in my driveway for a while and just tried to think of what it could be, and i thought it was the fuel pump or something like that going out on me... well it turns out that when i turn my key to the on position to start it the car doesnt actually come on like it should with the security lights and gauge lights that all come on and the fuel pump doesnt prime or anything like that... but when i turn it just a bit past the on position it all comes on... so basically when i start my car and let go of the key to let it go in the on position again the key isnt actually on and shuts everything down on me... so is this just the tumbler going bad? or could it be anything else? i cant see vats doing that because its not like the car wont start at all... it cranks and turns over just fine and runs perfectly... so if anyone has any ideas before i go ripping my steering wheel off again let me know...