LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/c delete pulley with march pulleys what belt size?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default A/c delete pulley with march pulleys what belt size?

Recently I just removed my ac compressor and replaced it with a A/C delete pulley at the dealership. I'm running those smaller pulleys made from MARCH. I already was running a smaller belt but need one even smaller. I had to order one from NAPA that was the next size down from the belt I took off which was about 5/8 difference and that one is to tight - to where you have to pry it on with a screwdriver. I was wondering for anyone who is running march pulleys with a a/c delete pulley on there LT1 engine what size belt do I need. - A part number would be great - Mike
Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the a/c delete pulley shouldn't effect the length of the serpentine system, so i would say get whatever size you are supposed to use for the march system.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
the a/c delete pulley shouldn't effect the length of the serpentine system, so i would say get whatever size you are supposed to use for the march system.
Well that's the problem. The belt that I was using with my march pulleys will fit but it needs to be just a little tighter. I can still move the belt off the pulley. That's why I need another belt. I dont know what the problem is - I also thought my belt would fit but it dont -
Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Launching!

how old is the tensioner?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Launching!

i have the same set up and it works fine
Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 19mike84
how old is the tensioner?
Not sure. I really dont think the problem is the tensioner. The belt works perfect - nice and tight with the ac compressor installed but with the ac delete pulley in it's place the belt just needs to be a little tighter. The pulley on the a/c delete is smaller then the a/c compressor pulley.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

I had the same problem, you need to get a new stock length belt and your problems should be solved. I had a gatorback belt with the ac compressor and when i put the delete pulley on it was not tight enought and could be slid right off the power steering. A new belt that is stock length should work fine.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1mean96ss
I had the same problem, you need to get a new stock length belt and your problems should be solved. I had a gatorback belt with the ac compressor and when i put the delete pulley on it was not tight enought and could be slid right off the power steering. A new belt that is stock length should work fine.
That's the same belt I'm running right now. So just buy a new belt maybee a different brand - would that work?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah try a different brand, i think the stock belt with the ac compressor just streached it out over time, that why it wont fit as tight as a new one
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

I have that same set up and I did have to get a smaller belt. Just like you, I had the march pulleys on their and had to get a smaller one because the one that was one there was a tad too loose. I didn't change the belt, it was done when the engine was rebuilt. I'll check it out for you later on today or tomorrow and post it up.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazyhorses
I have that same set up and I did have to get a smaller belt. Just like you, I had the march pulleys on their and had to get a smaller one because the one that was one there was a tad too loose. I didn't change the belt, it was done when the engine was rebuilt. I'll check it out for you later on today or tomorrow and post it up.
Cool - yeah let me know - If theres maybee a part number on that belt somewhere