LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 intake leak??? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 intake leak??? HELP!!!

I have a 95 Z28 6 speed car. The idiot that had it before me overheated it and warped the heads. So, he took the heads off and had em plained. He didnt have the intake shaved to match and now the frickin thing has a massive intake vaccum leak where it seals to the heads. What do I do? Any suggestions? I know theyre a pain to get sealed even when the heads havent been shaved... i may be screwed. What do you think? Any suggestions help. Anybody got good LT1-LT4 heads layin around?
Old 06-29-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have u taken it apart to see how much its off? Even with the heads shaved i doubt that is the casue for it leaking. They take so little off when they do that. If i were you i would pull the intake and replace the gaskets and add a very small bead of sealant (the same sealant that you use for the front and back on the intake) around the intake gaskets let it start to set up and start to get tacky almost dried (but not all the way) this will keep it from getting into the heads when the intake is tightend down. I use this meothod on my intake because my turbo kept blowing out my intake gaskets.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Somethings got to be really fucked up somewhere for the Intake to warp..
Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Teching In

No **** huh? Wierd... I had a guy at the dealership i worked at replace the intake gaskets because i had the FAMOUS rear intake oil leak. Its been screwed up ever since... So I assumed the intake was warped because the idiot tightened it down unevenly. U shoulda done it myself. This is what you get for being lazy. I made the guy do it over when I had it diagnosed @ the chevy dealership and they said the intake was leaking @ the heads... It still leaks the second time he did it. So wtf? Its got all the symptoms of a huge vaccum leak. Idles high, runs a lil rich, doesnt have near the power it did before, misses bad on a couple cylinders when you put yer foot in it below 2500 rmp... vibrates @ idle way more than before... HELP ME!!! lol

Quick Reply: LT1 intake leak??? HELP!!!