LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pulling my Motor and Tranny out of my OBDII 96 & going to an OBDI 95 TA, Knock Sen. ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling my Motor and Tranny out of my OBDII 96 & going to an OBDI 95 TA, Knock Sen. ?

So basically I found a great TA shell that's pretty much everything I have ever wanted in a TA so I am buying it tomorrow morning.

Its an Auto though so the plan is to buy it, put the motor and tranny from it in my Camaro and take everything for the Manual out of My Camaro an put it in the TA along with the motor.

So what I need to know is this...
1) I have found a thread for the conversion but from someone with a full car here how would you do this swap?

2) My LT4 Build has a Knock Sensor... with going to OBDI what do I need to know/do to get this setup? I already have someone who will be tuning the LT4 setup for the OBDI (A huge reason for going OBDI), now I just need to know how to get this handled. I also would like the part number to this sensor etc as I think I will replace it and the oil leveling sensor right now just because it will be easy... (As well as doing my Plugs again... putting on my long tubes and selling my shorties lol).

3) Anything anyone wants to warn me about? Def will take advice.

I will post pics of the new TA tomorrow when I get it here, no banks open today to pay for it or I would get it now. I am giving a deposit though. (Not letting this one get away).

Thanks so much!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did an OBDII to OBDI conversion in my car. Pretty simple...your LT4 knock module from your OBDII computer will work in the OBDI. You will need to change the knock sensor on the side of the block to an OBDI compatible sensor (voltage is diff between the two).

Thats about it...sounds like alot of work...best of luck!