LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what do i need to install a stall

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i need to install a stall

i just bought a yank ss3600 i also bought a tranny cooler, i was wondering should i buy a tranny poly mount? and do i need anything else to do this like lines for the cooler or anything?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the parts store and buy trans fluid hose. the ones that came in my tranny cooler were for fuel lines or something crazy like that. might need a few extra hose clamps. get all your tranny fluid. i would recommend a new oem tranny mount and not a poly trans mount. i would recommend a deep trans pan and a gauge also to monitor your trans temps
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u should be alright, i rec. a motorcycle jack to lower and raise the tranny... makes it 20x easier. oh and make sure u have a good set of flare nut wrenches for the tranny lines, unless u dont have to disconnect them, im not sure how much slack they have... make sure the converter clicks/engages three times going onto the tranny shaft... oh and make sure u fill the converter with at least a quart of tranny fluid... and dont use synthetic just use a good brand name reg tranny fluid... oh yea and get ready to get messy!