LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Future Plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Future Plans

Here is what I'm ordering for my T-56 Swap when I get back from Iraq. I'll have the Moser 9" installed in it here soon, so that part is taken care of.
Im taking out the Built Auto and probably putting it in my Truck since I have had no interest in it. A friend of mine has offered to buy the Stock Truck Tranny in it. I'm giving him the Wiring from the Harness as well so he can have everything he needs to get it to work.

This is the Transmission and Package that I'm getting..
http://0174de9.netsolstores.com/inde...PROD&ProdID=11

This is the Clutch and Flywheel that will be going in as well..
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...c1ab4609066a15

I will make a Thread of when I do all this. It's really not that hard, I'm looking forward to it. The Wiring is pretty simple, it will be more things that I will have stripped out of my Harness. I have to run one new wire from the PCM to the Transmission, that is the Reverse Lockout Solenoid Signal. I can make a switch for it, but I want it to function like it's Factory. The Reverse Lights are easy to do as well, I'm putting the Wires for that in the Harness like it was Factory. I have to take the Auto Shifter out, cut the Mounting Brackets out for that, and cut the hole for the T56 Shifter. I plan on going with a Short Shifter, I don't know which one yet. I have to switch out the Petals and get the Hydraulics as well.

I think it will be a fun project.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like fun! Let me know how you like that clutch and your opinion on the tranny.. I plan to order a trans from them within the next year or so.

Be safe In Iraq!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best mods I could have done and you get some of your gas mileage back.