LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil Filter Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filter Adapter

I have been looking all damn day and night for an Oil Filter Adapter so I can hook up my Oil Pressure and Oil Temp Gauge. But I can not find one for the 1997 LT1 anyone know were I can pick one up?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind exactly are you looking for? One that has provisions for both? My 93 has the pressure sensor on the adapter, not behind the intake. It will still work for yours. Not sure if your year does, but mine uses the truck filter as well.

Similarly you could go with a Vette's That's more remote mounted. Or do what my friend loves to do with his V8 swaps and get the remote mount from a S10 4x4 Blazer, it uses that longer PH3980 that the 3800s and stuff use (been too long since I worked in the parts store to remember the truck's part number).

Since we are still a GEN I block primarily, you could just use any GEN I adapter to my knowledge. I can't see any reason for it no hooking up.

And as a last resort, you could always make a T fitting for where the oil pressure sensor is and run the temp sensor off the same location.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
What kind exactly are you looking for? One that has provisions for both? My 93 has the pressure sensor on the adapter, not behind the intake. It will still work for yours. Not sure if your year does, but mine uses the truck filter as well.

Similarly you could go with a Vette's That's more remote mounted. Or do what my friend loves to do with his V8 swaps and get the remote mount from a S10 4x4 Blazer, it uses that longer PH3980 that the 3800s and stuff use (been too long since I worked in the parts store to remember the truck's part number).

Since we are still a GEN I block primarily, you could just use any GEN I adapter to my knowledge. I can't see any reason for it no hooking up.

And as a last resort, you could always make a T fitting for where the oil pressure sensor is and run the temp sensor off the same location.

Yeah, the only reason I was looking for the adapter....the stock location for the oil pressure sensor sucks *** I hate trying to get to that bitch..lol
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Did you try getting a t adapter and using the port right above the filter?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use anything you would use on a normal SBC
Old 09-12-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fergymoto
You can use anything you would use on a normal SBC
And on that note, get one for a 93 LT1 then. That's where mine is, right above the oil filter.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Adapter