LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune

Ok so I finally got my tunercats software working properly after my laptop crashing .... I'm just wondering what most of you guys with light bolt ons have adjusted and what tables are most beneficial to mess with .
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly, the LT1 section sucks for this sort of advice. Either no one knows, no one wants to share the info or are too lazy.

Not sure how the PCMs layout is, and what tables are available, but Volumetric Efficiency is what I change and notice quite a response from my car. If your car breathes better, the VE will go up. Depending on what all you have for bolt ons, will depend on how much you want to change it.

While it seems like a really stupid way to tune, I actually use Desktop Dyno. I've made an LT1 that's pretty much right on the nuts for specs, just a few tweaks had to be made to get that though. Either way, the VE is still helps, even if it's not accurate as to what the motor is making in reality. Since the gains to enter in, vs the change that happens, gives you a fair idea of how much to adjust your VE in the PCM.

There's also timing and Air Fuel Ration, but neither I know anything that can help you, other than adjusting the AF/R to around 13.5 to get more power.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice . Every little bit helps .
Old 09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I would start off by makin sure your BLM's are around 128 at idle/cruise before tuning for power. If they already are skip this step. Then as stated above adjust ve table's for power.

Here's a link to a page that might help some.
http://www.ssz28.com/tech/Scanmaster.html
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Thanks . Alot of good information on that link .

Quick Reply: Tune