LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel problems

Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problems

i first got the car i i checked it had 41psi it would start and run shortly and die then wouldnt start again i tried it the next day it ran fine for a little while i shut it off then it wouldnt start again and i checked the presure and it was 0 psi. i tried a few times turning the key on and off and the presure would get to 41 and start when it fired the presure would drop as soon as it fired. i was wondering if any one had any suggestions
Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 PM
FormerVendor

hrm, did you check the fuel pressure then let it sit a minute without starting it? Did the pressure leak down?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvnchevy
i first got the car i i checked it had 41psi it would start and run shortly and die then wouldnt start again i tried it the next day it ran fine for a little while i shut it off then it wouldnt start again and i checked the presure and it was 0 psi. i tried a few times turning the key on and off and the presure would get to 41 and start when it fired the presure would drop as soon as it fired. i was wondering if any one had any suggestions
I had a similar problem with mine, it turned out to be the pump, make sure your fuel filter is good 1st. It could possibly be a leaky injector, but i'll bet its the pump, best way to tell is disconnect the return hose & plug it, this way your checking the pump "dead headed", if it still does the same thing & you know the injectors are good, then its in the tank.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
hrm, did you check the fuel pressure then let it sit a minute without starting it? Did the pressure leak down?
when i shut it off i tried to start it right back up, after it wouldnt start i hooked up the pressure tester and at first it would get 41 psi key on and when it started the pressure would instantly drop to 0 psi and now it reads 0 key on and wont start. it has a new fuel filter i havent checked to see if an injector was leaking yet. when it had pressure it didnt leak down it stayed at 41 psi untell i tried to start it
Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 PM
FormerVendor

thats the pump or a relay for sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel problems