LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTCC complete cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTCC complete cost

hey guys, im sick of my opti going out and i was checking out the LTCC set or some other similiar coil pack system, i was wondering how much you all spent on just parts as i will be doing the work myself.

thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

comon guys 11 hits and no response?

i know someone has done this and has a close guess as to what they spent on them.

please help guys thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

It's between 600-800 for the deltec setup I think? I would go the msd route before going ltcc or deltec, since those are still using the optical sensor and bearing from the opti for signal to the conversion. Thest best setup would be to use a msd opti, then get the ltcc and you would have a ignition system capable of 7000 rpm reliably. The downside is that's going to cost 1200.00 + for all that. IMO I would just do the MSD for 515.00 and take it apart and loctite everything before install! This is what I'm doing next since I spin my car to 6500, I don't expect the stocker to live much longer.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 09-16-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

looks like your stuck with the good ol' opti my friend. Dont hate her lover her lol.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The LTCC kit from Bob Bailey is $400.00. LS1 coils can be had on ebay for $20.00 each. Ignition wires, cut to fit will run you around $100.00. This puts you at $660.00. You'll need to fab up some coil brackets.

There's no difference in signal outputs between the stock opti distributer, the MSD unit or any other aftermarket unit. If your current unit is sending good signal to the computer, there’ll be no advantage to going to the MSD unit. The MSD unit has an adjustable advance mechanism, but I can’t see what advantage you’d get playing with this as the computer adjusts the advance based on operating conditions.

You won’t reach 7,000 RPM with the LTCC or Deltec systems as everything’s still controlled by the stock computer.

You won’t regret going to the LTCC system, it works great. I changed to LS2 coils, the plugs and configuration is different. They seem to work a bit better. Don’t know if Bob Bailey will make the harness with the different plugs.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
The LTCC kit from Bob Bailey is $400.00. LS1 coils can be had on ebay for $20.00 each. Ignition wires, cut to fit will run you around $100.00. This puts you at $660.00. You'll need to fab up some coil brackets.

There's no difference in signal outputs between the stock opti distributer, the MSD unit or any other aftermarket unit. If your current unit is sending good signal to the computer, there’ll be no advantage to going to the MSD unit. The MSD unit has an adjustable advance mechanism, but I can’t see what advantage you’d get playing with this as the computer adjusts the advance based on operating conditions.

You won’t reach 7,000 RPM with the LTCC or Deltec systems as everything’s still controlled by the stock computer.

You won’t regret going to the LTCC system, it works great. I changed to LS2 coils, the plugs and configuration is different. They seem to work a bit better. Don’t know if Bob Bailey will make the harness with the different plugs.
Oh my bad! I was told the stock opti bearing goes to **** and takes out the optical sensor when reving upwards of 6500rpm over time. Also I thought the stock pcm limits were 7000? I would still go with the msd or stay with the ac delco.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Thats exactly what i was looking for thanks guys!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

I paid $50 for one set of 8100 coils (same as LS1) and 100 for a set of LS1 coils on Ebay. You just have to be patient and watch. You can either fab your brackets or there are a few people that make some; I am using the ones from Sun Spec Billet Factory.

I've had an LTCC since Bob first released them. Never had a single problem out of them (I've had 3 of them now)
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check car-part.com, great salvage yard search engine. Gives parts, prices and condition/miles/etc
Old 09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanA
I paid $50 for one set of 8100 coils (same as LS1) and 100 for a set of LS1 coils on Ebay. You just have to be patient and watch. You can either fab your brackets or there are a few people that make some; I am using the ones from Sun Spec Billet Factory.

I've had an LTCC since Bob first released them. Never had a single problem out of them (I've had 3 of them now)
THANKS!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

......... Don’t know if Bob Bailey will make the harness with the different plugs.
Actually the current kit plugs into the OEM coil harnesses. So it works with LS2 coils as well as LS1. Just be sure to get the coil harnesses when you are shopping for coils.

Bob

Quick Reply: LTCC complete cost