LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust..

so i had my x-pipe,resonators,dumped before the axles put in today..my cars dropped about 1 inch 1 1/2..well,clearence is screwed the xpipe everything sits nice, but when it comes to the round part of the resonators,it sits about a ciggerate filter thickness off the floor its pretty bad..i had them cut the turn downs off cause realistically they would of been scraping the street the whole way home..it looks like all i can really do is chop off the resonators,how would that sound? pretty much straight pipe true duals..im not looking forward to it,but gotta do it..thanks for any help.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Teching In

That thing is going to be LOUD!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When it comes to something like this, you have two options. Performance, or style. Take your pick and remove the one that affects the other. In this case, the suspension. Go grab some 1LE springs and put it back to stock. Cut down the rear spring dampeners (the big rubber discs) so they're much shorter and then slap it in. Sit nice and level, fix your clearance issue (some) and still perform well!

As a side note: I removed my dampeners and did the heater hose mod (push on 3/4" around the top coil) and mine make a ton of noise when going over bumps. So I'll be cutting the dampeners down and throwing that back in. Not sure why most others don't have this problem, but I sure did. I even put hose on the bottom coil too and didn't help Who knows, maybe it's something else entirely and just a coincidence it happened after I did it.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Teching In

stuff like this sucks..i know its going to sound like *** but your right performance or looks..performance it is,the car also has a cam..not sure on the specs..but well, we'll see how it sounds hahaha..thanks for the replys..
Old 09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2OLT1
stuff like this sucks..i know its going to sound like *** but your right performance or looks..performance it is,the car also has a cam..not sure on the specs..but well, we'll see how it sounds hahaha..thanks for the replys..
I didn't mean to come across like jerk, if I had. There's just some things you have to compromise on You COULD always get custom springs that are like .75" drop. I want to say I've read that the 1" drop springs still work well with headers/duals. Also I've seen some pics of people's duals that are VERY tight against the body, so it could've just been a lackluster install job that some smaller hangers could help with.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Teching In

no worries,didn't come off as a jerk at all.Always open to hearing different idea's to fix my problem.Going to the track next week,and i don't have enough time during the week to do anything.Easy fix just going to cut the resonators off.Thanks for your advice,appreciate it

Quick Reply: exhaust..