LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Some OBD2 to OBD1 Swap Problems from a 96 to a 94

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some OBD2 to OBD1 Swap Problems from a 96 to a 94

Ok so a buddy and myself agreed to trade cars. I wanted to make a hard top WS6/Formula mix and he wanted a T-Topped Camaro. Seemed like a great deal for both of us.

He has a 1994 Firebird Formula T56
I have a 1996 Camaro Z28 T56

But we have run into problems. (Which also makes me think of another question, I bought an LT4 Knock Sensor Module... that should not have a problem in my 94 from my understanding but will someone reconfirm this for me?)
Mainly we have some things that have no connectors on the Firebird when putting my motor in it. Mainly the one I have a picture of here and believe to be a Crank Position Sensor.

His 94 Motor does not have this mine does... I really do not want to pull the front covers for this please tell me there is something we can do here. Or that its something he can have deleted from his OBD2 Computer.
Also is it something my motor needs seeing as it was changed to the LT4 Setup, Heads, etc?

So far that seems to be the only harness we have not found a plug for besides my drivers side ABS Connector... still trying to find that.

Can anyone shed some light on this. I am only hoping I do not have to do something extensive like pull the cover and swap it over... I really do not want to now that I have the motor already in.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant really answer all of your questions but i am pretty sure 95 and older (obd1) do not have the cps and yes you can have it tuned out.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm me and ill give you my number...im pretty certain on what needs to be done here....i need more details and explaining over the phone is easier

Quick Reply: Some OBD2 to OBD1 Swap Problems from a 96 to a 94