LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tapping noise

Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tapping noise

well i know many people hate the heads i have but i got them forever ago and thats whats been on there so deal, i got edelbrock lt1 performers. i recently put the 503 cam in it, been in there about 2500mls and i was beatin on it the other day and now between 1500-and up i have a tapping noise. havent pulled vc's yet im too pissed off, but i had replaced lifters when doing the cam, have hardened pushrods, heads have double springs. a freind told me edelbrock recalled some of their springs but i cant find any info on that. if it is springs what is a good set to upgrade to, the ones that came on the heads are rated to .600 lift i wasnt over that. suggestions other than telling me my heads are shitty would be much appriciated.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Launching!

I think your getting ahead of yourself. Pull the vc's and finnish the diagnosis. Could just be a lock nut backed out.

I have read comp 918's are good for that cam.

GL, Josh. Let us know what you find!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

yea i do that alot, ya kinda get tired of pullin it apart and such so often fresh lifters suck to adjust because they arent pumped so its set it up and readjust lol but owell thats why i chose my profession i guess i considered the lock backin out too.....any torque specs on those?

Search this Thread