LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

induction parts combo questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default induction parts combo questions

hello, i am new on here, but have been into f-bodies for the last 2 years (third gen though) i had an 1987 and now have a drag prepped 1985 w/ a carbed 350.

regarding the question. i am getting my new daily driver. its a Black 1996 Formula T-Top with a t56. i will have it after the dealer is done with the clutch install (for free or i would be doing it).

anyways i am looking for induction part advice. i have read all of the FAQ's, etc.

so here is the proposed setup. k&n fipk 2 intake (pn KNN57-3010-1, trickflow ceramic coated intake elbow (pn TFS3150800), bbk 58mm TB (pn bbk1544).

would i still need the airfoil with the TB i wasnt clear on that?

the one i was thinking was if necessary SLP 22100.

if there is another component you would recommend, please do so, or if you would recommend another brand for something.

it already has a cat back on it (not sure on the manufacturer) and will be doing exhaust (or y) either at the same time or in a week or two.

thanks in advance. Derek.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your talking about the little airfoil that goes in the TB, your money is better spent elsewhere. I would only reccomend shelling out the cash on the 58mm TB if you plan on going big later (ported heads/intake and cam ect..).

Other than that, your intake setup looks pretty good to start. If you plan on going crazy with it, then the 58mm TB wouldent be a bad investment right now.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Unless u have plans for h/c etc then a 58mm is way more than u need the stock one will do fine for a while with just bolt ons n such!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

just do the cai. Learn and save, than when it comes time you will know exactly what you wana do.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for the fast responses.

i will skip on the airfoil.

as far as the 58mm TB, i am going to be getting that for sure, but not right at the moment. Heads and cam will be in the works eventually (depending on if i build the 400 for the IROC sooner or later).

the k&n is coming first. my uncle has a dealer account with k&n and he is down here, so i will get it for cost.

the elbow is going to be coming right when i order from summit next (i need some stuff for the IROC).

i think i will hold off on the TB until i am done with suspension on the formula. i know what route i am going that way due to the similarity of the setup on the formula and thirdgens. except this is going to be a corner carver and not primarily drag.