LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone else hate to sell a car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else hate to sell a car?

Well, after buying my G8 I'm going to sell my 1994 Z28. I've only had it for about 6 months, but I find that I've become pretty attached to it. Previously I owned a 1994 TA and a 1993 TA, both of which I loved. I didn't think I'd have anu problem selling it, but after spending the whole day cleaning it up, clay barring it and throwing a couple coats of wax on it, I really hate the thought of letting it go. I know that I can't really keep it between finding a place to keep them (my two other cars, plus my work car and my gf's car) and the maintenance and repair on three cars, plus insurance, taxes, and registration on them would just get to be too much. Even with all that aside, I wouldn't be able to afford to moddify all these cars anyway.

Still it sucks thinking about selling it. I know I'm not the only one that hates selling/trading in their old car for a new one.

Thoughts in general anyone?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate it too man. It won't be so bad if you are able to sell it to someone that you know will give it a good home. Just in the last few months I let go of several vehicles I had been hanging on to with big dreams, and I'm possibly selling my first vehicle, my truck that I've had since I was 16 or 17.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, it kinda sucks. I may have to sell my MR2 that i've wanted for 7 years b/c where I'll be going to school it's a must to have 4WD...
Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have driven my Blazer more than twice the amount of what I have my Trans Am, been in more states in it, drove it to my first job interview out of college, lot of memories, even the first car I bought new. How ever when I sell it in a year or so to get some thing else, I wont miss it. My Trans Am how ever I would have a hard time parting with, certain cars have weird emotional attachments others are like condoms, use and throw away, hope they dont break in between those two points.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hahaha, that's a pretty good way of looking at it.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your only gonna get like 2 grand for it why sell it imho...just take the insurance off it and dont drive it until you need to/can afford it. i have 3 cars but i do try not go over 50% of income on them. im to the point on my camaro that i will never sell it b/c i have so much into it and im only going to do more to it, it just wouldnt be worth selling
Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes. I regret letting go of my first car, but sometimes I think it was a good idea cause rust free third gens can be had, and that was a rust pit. Regret letting go of my second car cause it was fast and ugly, in retrospect I could have caged it and made it stupid fast and left my 94 to just be a nice cruiser.

Now my attitude has changed on the matters. Too much work in the z28, no one would give me half what I've spent on it, its here to stay. I want a LS motor down the road? I'll transplant one. If you have most things taken care of, no point in jumping to another car if modifying them.

88 Silverado I'm not planning on ever selling. Slowly I'm taking care of the body, but I've wanted a 88-89 since I was a little kid. Now I have it, and its not going anywhere.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Well, after buying my G8 I'm going to sell my 1994 Z28. I've only had it for about 6 months, but I find that I've become pretty attached to it. Previously I owned a 1994 TA and a 1993 TA, both of which I loved. I didn't think I'd have anu problem selling it, but after spending the whole day cleaning it up, clay barring it and throwing a couple coats of wax on it, I really hate the thought of letting it go. I know that I can't really keep it between finding a place to keep them (my two other cars, plus my work car and my gf's car) and the maintenance and repair on three cars, plus insurance, taxes, and registration on them would just get to be too much. Even with all that aside, I wouldn't be able to afford to moddify all these cars anyway.

Still it sucks thinking about selling it. I know I'm not the only one that hates selling/trading in their old car for a new one.

Thoughts in general anyone?
Quit whining,

Work that sweet OT you know you can do.

Pay off the Camaro and keep them at your parents. They dont care, you and I both know this.

But seriously I understand. You know at my old place, my mom is bringing that 72 Mach 1 back, a Ford Diesel pickup, a tractor and her vetter. Thats adding my bro's 3 stangs and that 68 Camaro RS, his truck and that other buick!!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM

LOL, yeah in theory I could just work a bit of OT and keep it no problem, but that would cut into my fun time with the cars and kind of defeat the point of having so many. Also, I would be getting to the point of feeling like I needed the OT just to live (even though that wouldn't quite be the case).

ls2pontiac, If that were the case I would gladly keep it, but it's in very good/excellent condition with 67,800 miles on it, and I should be able to get 6k+ for it.

Also, if the car was decently modded then I'd keep it, but it's bone stock right now except for the wheels and springs.

I know that once it's sold I'll know it was in my best interest, but it's funny how you clean a car up real well to sell it and suddenly everything about it seems better than it was the day before.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
but it's funny how you clean a car up real well to sell it and suddenly everything about it seems better than it was the day before.
This is so true, just wish it worked that way with a woman
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

i no id hav trouble sellin my car y dont u take the insurance off it build the camaro and just leave the other cars the way they r then u could hav a track car and then just DD cars
Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 AM

If I can't drive it on the street I wouldn't want it at all. I really don't understand how people can own a car that can only be driven on the track. Even an 8 second car does nothing for me if it isn't possible to drive it to the local cruise night.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

I have a really hard time letting go of my cars. My first car was my moms 79 camaro z28. She passed it down to me for my 18th bday and i started fixing it up cause it shows that is 30 yrs old thats for sure. But after going through three motors and two trannies i decided i needed somethin more reliable. So to this day i still have the 79 and its sitting in the car port waiting to be worked on and started up again. I had a 95 honda accord that got stolen and a 87 nissan sentra that i sold for 600 bucks. I now have my 94 z28 and i cant see myself getting rid of either of them. I have been offered around 3500 for my 79 but i just cant let it go. I guess when your a camaro lover you just cant sell them or trade them away. Im looking at getting a 2001 ss or trans am in the next couple of yrs. Boy i need a three car garage lol.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

i had my 94 Z for sale on here last year, i had 3 people really interested. one guy was going to fly down from Abilene to get it but i changed my mind at the last min. he ended up flying down here and getting another one. I just cant do it myself
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i miss my first car it was a 89TTA. wish i never sold it.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You live in CT right? How much you looking to sell it for?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Teching In

My first car was a 1991 Firebird. Its been sitting in my yard collecting dust ever since I got a 99 T/A. I feel bad that its just sitting there going to no use, but I also dont want to sell it. Not a spot of rust, Id love to put an LS1 in someday but who knows when that will be.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM

RealQuick, yeah I'm in CT. I'm asking $6500. The car is Quasar Blue A4, 67,800 miles, in very good condition.

goldmecham, I'd feel the same way! Then again, an 89 TTA is a little different than a 1994 Z28!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I couldn't sell my Camaro.. I've got alot in it, and I'll never get out of it what I've got in it. I sold my first car for almost what I paid for it, so that helped.
I figure if my Camaro wrecks..I'll part what I can out of it and drop it into something else.. More than likely it will be another Hard-top 4th Gen Camaro, 94 or 95 model. Or if I find something suitable, like an early 70's Vette, that would be nice.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be glad to get rid of mine, but this one is nothing like my first LT1. I have no emotional attatchment to it, and as soon as it's back in tip top shape (charged it last night) it's posted up for sale.