LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone email tuned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone email tuned?

I was looking at Ion's website. I have one of AKM's cables. So I'm thinking about a email tune, as its $50 cheaper. Reading the FAQ on his page says links will be provided for the program to load the tune. Is there a cost for this program though?? So if anyone here has used a email tune, please let me know if there is any other cost if I already have the cable. If there is I might as well just mail it out.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a mail order tune from Ion, and found it quite acceptable. For my turbo application, it was a good base tune. For you, it might be all you need.
What he will provide you is a link to tunercat.com, which has a very small charge for things such as the application, definition files and such. Certaiinly not the outrageous charges and VIN locking that the greedy OBDII tuners are doing.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah checked out the price on tuner cats, and the definition file. I might as well just mail it in, instead of risking me messing something up while loading the tune. I'm sure shipping isn't brutal, there ends up not being a price difference really.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

So I mailed it out yesterday. Decided that was the best route instead of me screwing with it.

I forgot on my order form to list that I had a CAI and a LT4 KM, does that matter, or do you figure with a 58mm TB he will just assume it has a CAI? Perhaps this doesn't matter much? I wonder if the LT4 KM shows up when you go to tune it?