LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car runs like crap after adjusting rockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car runs like crap after adjusting rockers

I just finished installing my cam. Before I did a first start up I adjusted the valves with a 1/4 turn preload. The car ran fine while I did a few heat cycles, revved up fine and sounded great. When I was on my last heat cycle I noticed the rockers were ticking a little bit so I decided to redo them with a 1/2 turn preload while it was still hot. Started it back up and it sounded a little different and when I rev it sounded very under power compared to earlier and hesitated when I first stepped on the gas. So I re-adjusted the rockers again back to a 1/4 turn preload thinking that was it but when i started the car up again the problem was still there. I even adjusted the rockers with no preload and still no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what could be going on and what I can do to fix it? thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have collapsed a lifter. Maybe it wasn't the rockers ticking and perhaps a lifter instead. If it has a "dead miss", I'd almost bet on it. Being that you have readjusted the rockers 3 times, I wouldn't count on them being misadjusted.