Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch questions & pressureplate

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch questions & pressureplate

well if you all scroll down you will see my thread "SHIFTING QUESTION" Here is my question now....
I was just wondering if a spec stage to pressure plate, or a z06 pressure plate will just bolt straight up with my factory set up... because I have a guy wanting to sell me a spec stage 2 clutch and pressure plate for $100.00 or my cousin was going to give me a z06 pressure plate... I was just wondering because my clutch is still sticking at WOT sometimes from 2-3 and 3-4.. I have already changed slave, did drill mod, and put a B&M shifter in... so now im guessing its the pressure plate!!!
Also he clames to have some spacer ring for the slave cylinder with the spec stage 2 clutch... do i need this or not???

Thanks for any input guys!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the exact same problem, less the N2O. I put a Mightyvac on the line at the resevoir and put a vacuum on the system today. I sucked out about 3" worth of air out of the system and it worked good for about 1 run through the gears. I have an LS7 clutch and flywheel setup. My next step is a new disc and pressure plate. My pressure plate has had all it can take from about 5 on-track hours (road coarses) and constant flogging during my 'normal' driving. 4000 pound sedan, over 400 rwhp and constant flogging leads to worn out parts much faster than expected. I plan on easing through one more track day this weekend and changing the parts sometime soon after that. If you don't have it figured out by then, I'll be sure to let you know how mine turns out.

You may not need the spacer ring if you change the slave cylinder to a longer one, I don't know which one comes stock in yours. I have a longer slave than the stock one and don't need the ring for mine. I use the slave for an LS1 so I don't know what else you could use. The max travel on mine is 107 mm.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot for the input.... I dont really know what exactly you mean by the mighty vac and were i could put... because everything on my car is extremly hard to get to.... so i may try and bleed the hell out of it some more!!!
thanks for the input again!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mityvac is a hand held suction gun with hoses and a catch bottle. It's used for bleeding brakes with only one person. You can remove the line from the resevoir and use an adapter that comes with it and put a vacuum on the system, thus sucking the air up through the system. I bought mine at the local chain autoparts store for something like $15.
Attached Thumbnails clutch questions & pressureplate-hvpk_mv6820.gif