Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

question about swappin pp/flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about swappin pp/flywheel

ok, i'm going to replace my pressure plate on monday, my question is, do i need to get a new flywheel as well? are they balanced to match or anything? also, if my flywheel isn't disengaging my clutch period (cant start in gear or tires move, cant shift into gear unless cars off,, have bled every way possible, manual,mityvac,Motive pressure bleeder & swapped all hydraulics twice)), should i try to get a new clutch as well? or can a clutch not be a problem if it looks mechanically sound? (manufacture warranty)

basically what im asking is WHAT do i need to change when i get the pressure plate replaced? the flywheel? clutch? or all 3 parts?

thanks in advance

michael
Old 11-02-2008, 01:54 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You need to machine the flywheel too so that you have a newly machined flywheel and newly machined pressure plate together.

If you have a used PP and newly cut/machined flywheel (or vice versa,) you'll burn out the clutch.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The entire clutch kit is brand new, maybe 5k miles on it, daily driven, pressureplate seems to have failed, why im replacing it with a new ls7 pressure plate, i have to machine the flywheel or it'll burn out? also, if i replace the pressure plate, is there any need to replace the clutch or flywheel (for matching up/balance issues)
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes.

A new surface on a pressure plate means you need a new surface on your flywheel.