Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need some help....

Old 11-04-2008, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry need some help....

My car sat up for 3 months. Before it sat everything was fine. I went to move it one day and it will not go in gear with any amount of force. The master seems to be fine, it was hard as a rock with the line disconnected from the slave. I have bled the living **** out of it. I figured the only other thing it could be was the slave. So i replaced it. Its acting slightly better, still really hard to go in gear, and wont go in 6th at all. After replacing the slave with the car still on stands and the trans bolted back on and tested the slave, it went into gears fine. Now its off the stands and it doesnt do ****. When its in the air, it makes a really bad clunking and grinding noise in gear and only when its in gear. Its sounds pretty bad like something is broke. Any ideas? Now i am pissed cuz i put it completely back together and now i have to take it back apart. Is it possible for my clutch to somehow freeze up? I dont know what the hell it is.

car has clutch in sig with the adj master and brand new slave. 1.5 yrs old
Old 11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Was the fluid level in the trans checked? When it won't go into gear, is that with the motor running, or not, or doesn't it matter?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fluid was good. before and after the slave install. I spilled a little during removal, and topped it off on the install. it was only when it was running. everything worked fine in the air with the drive shaft off. Put it back on and put it all back together and same problem. My buddy insisted i take the drive shaft off again and test it. And guess what? It shifts like butter with the shaft off. WTF???
Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you tell if the output shaft of the trans is turning when you have the motor running, the clutch in, and the drive shaft removed? It sounds like your clutch is dragging and it's causing your hard shifting. (you can also test with driveshaft installed, by rev'ing in neutral on a flat surface, and seeing if the car will creep)

Search this Thread