Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Help, leaking fluid

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help, leaking fluid

Ok, so my half of my clutch pedal is dead, clutch is enguaging as soon as i let the clutch out a hair, if even disenguaging at all. However sometimes the clutch works fine, and intermitinly the cluch pedal will go to the floor and ill be creeping forward and the pedal feels dead. I am also leaking fluid, however its leaking from where the tranny meets the engine.

So I was thinking i need a new clutch master, but with the fluid leaking from where it is, could it be my slave? Or both?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

I would address the slave first since you are leaking fluid and then test the system. Leaking clutch fluid can catch fire if it gets hot enough because it allows the clutch to slip so much and overheat. Might as well replace the clutch if the slave is leaking in my opinion because they seem like once you get fluid on them and they start slipping, there isnt any helping it out anymore.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Well the clutch isnt slipping at all. Its holding great, thats why i wasnt suspicious of the slave.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Does anyone thing that if i just replace the master anyway that this will stop the leak? Cus i really dont feel like pulling the tranny for that slave.