Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cant shift over 5K rpms

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant shift over 5K rpms

Just replaced my t56 with a D&D performance rebuild. Currently have the Cartek clutch package in the car. Just put the tranny in and am having problems with the clutch pedal being soft. We bled the system for over an hour, by first bleeding the master (bench bleed) and then we installed the master cylinder and bled the system through the bleeder valve on the slave. After bleeding through the valve for a good 45 minutes we were still getting puffs of air each time i opened the bleeder valve. Thinking the master must have been letting air back in the system i switched it out with another master. Same puffing of air while bleeding and same mushiness in pedal. Went back to adjustable cartek master and bled again. Car drives fine during normal driving, but try shifting at high rpms (above 5K) and even with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor the clutch does not disengage and I cant get it into the next gear for a couple of seconds. Sometimes grinding occurs and it would pop it (kind of like a bad synchro feel). The tranny is new, the slave cylinder is new, the mobil 1 is new, and the master/cartek clutch prob have 13 K on them. What in the hell could it be? Cracked pressure plate? Bleed it more? Any help?

Thanks

Sean

Old 10-05-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Cant shift over 5K rpms

Its the Cartek setup. I have the same clutch and I cant shift over 5k either. Youll need one that actually move more fluid than stock (like the Mcloud unit). What DOT are you using?
Old 10-05-2003, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

we are using DoT3 fluid.......Well the guy that had it before must have not had the same problem as he was running great times with it....
Marcin
Old 10-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Launching!

I have the same problem.. read my post on the same topic.

Quick Reply: Cant shift over 5K rpms