Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedal sticks after drill mod.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal sticks after drill mod.

My clutch didnt stick at all before i did the drill mod but now any high rpm causes the clutch to stick on the floor. And the other day when i started it up cold it was on the floor for some reason? and then it came back. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Teching In

I dont think it is from clutch slip because even if i just rev the engine hard in neutral it sticks to the floor.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

have u tried bleeding it yet?.....maybe a new throw out....or slave?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

+1 for bleeding it. If that doesn't work then you probably need a new slave. How many miles do you have on your clutch setup?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Teching In

About 50k on clutch set up. The reason i dont think it is the slave is because even if the car is sitting still and i give it a hard rev the clutch will stick to the floor. The clutch doesnt seem to slip
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car's clutch pedal was stickin half way up not just at WOT but just cruisin around town too. I had a theory that it was my slave because I was at a stop light in gear with the clutch pedal in and I was revving it up waiting for the light to turn and the pedal stuck to the floor. Its because when your slave is bad, the part that is flawed causes the sleeve to bind in its bore and not release the pedal when it gets hot like when your revving up your engine.

I bled the fluid, mity vac for air in the lines, changed my master cylinder, nothin worked. So I just changed my slave cylinder and it fixed it.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Teching In

I guess i should correct myself. The pedal does not stick to the floor it just becomes really soft and sometimes goes down close to the floor but usually i can still shift. I just did some freeway runs up to 120 or so several times and i could feel the clutch get a little soft but it was still very usuable. So i guess this is an intermitent problem? Where is the best and cheapest place to buy a slave if that is the case?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my slave at Kragen for $75. Some people say the GM official slave part is the best but I like the way my kragen slave is performing. I installed it myself. It took me from 9am to about 6pm with no breaks and just a floor jack and honda spare tire jack and socket set. Here's a few clips from the install if your curious...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...kes_638399.htm
Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

had problems with clutch pedal sticking to the floor at high rpms, i ended up putting new slave and clutch in at the same time and it solved my issue. now if only i knew which of those actually fixed it.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pedal sticks after drill mod.