Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Adjustable Master is the way to go. My thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up Tick Adjustable Master is the way to go. My thoughts.

Well I said that I would tell about this part after I installed it last weekend and put it to the test. I must say I am extremely impressed with how this part performs.

I was never plagued by the blocked shifts from lack of fluid moving through the stock master, as I just did an A4-M6 swap. From what I can tell I didn't have one single problem banging the hell outta some gears with it now .

The install is pretty easy, it is a veryyy TIGHT fit. As for me I went ahead and un bolted the brake booster and pulled it up outta the way so I had plenty of room to wiggle it into place.

The harness that runs right underneath the brake master is perfectly right in the way. The way I dealt with this was to undo the clip that holds holding it to the shock tower. Once you've done this you can move the harness just enough to get the master into place.

I had my brother hold the master and move it until one bolt hole lined up, so I started that one and tightened it up snug. That's what made it seat into the right spot. I then loosened that first bolt I put in and started the 2nd one and just tightened them both up good and tight.

After that was done I adjust the pedal to be about halfway from the brake and firewall. I had to bleed the system bc everything was newly installed from installing the engine and trans. After bleeding for about 15min I tried it out. I went by the instructions and steadily adjusted the rod til it went into gear easily. Well after I drove it I found out it needed to be adjusted out a tad more as it would still grind after going through the gears a lil bit driving.

Now its all good, and I took it out to my "test track" and did some power shifts and no problems at all. Hell I'm losing traction hitting 2nd with DR's and 3.23 gears so no telling how fast I'm going in 1st gear.

Anyways I cant say enough good about Tick performance and this adjustable master cylinder. The install from start to finish took maybe 2 hours. That's removing stock master and installing new master and bleeding the system . Not to bad I think.

Anyways Thanks alot Tick for hooking us up with the great part.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that you like it BJ! I appreciate the business buddy.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 Tick Master Cylinder is definitely the way to go
Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, all these Tick master threads are making me impatient to get this thing in this weekend. At least they're all good reviews.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine in and adjusted today, took the car for a hard spin rowing thru the gears screaming thru the RPMS and this piece is fantastic, The stocker is not even worthy to be mentioned in the same conversation.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got back home from another drive with the car. Been driving it for about a week with this new master cyl. The more I drive it, the more I like it. It is really going through the gears waaay better than it ever did before. Luvz it.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you guys seeing smoother downshifts as well? Just nicer shifting all around the boards??? Mine goes in next weekend!!!! Can wait!

J.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mines going in tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how things work out.

Quick Reply: Tick Adjustable Master is the way to go. My thoughts.