Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How Do I Adjust Tick Master

Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How Do I Adjust Tick Master

I had LMR put a Tick Adjustable on my bird, and the clutch engagement was set very high on the pedal travel, but now that the new clutch is worn in good, it can be a chore to drive it. Hell it took me a few mins just to spot the little guy, didn't look at it to much as it was getting dark, but I only saw one screw on it. And it was kinda hard to get at.

Could some one please give me details on how to adjust this, I'd like to set it up where the engagement is just a tad lower than now, so I'm not riding the clutch as much.

Yeah yeah, I could go back upto LMR, but with my work schedule, and them being the BAMFs that they are, don't want to trouble them.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

It can be adjusted where it comes through the firewall. You probably need to remove the bottom of the dash so you can get to it. I use a 9/16 & 1/2 box wrench.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmmm, didn't figure it would be there. I will try and check this weekend. If I don't find it down there, which way do I need to turn it (when looking at it) to lower the engagement?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

adjust it longer
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I'll drop the dash panel down this weekend when I have time and weather permitting to see if I can find it... Was kinda looking for a little more detailed help, but I'll give it a go. LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are going to have to remove the kick panel(2 philips screws and 2-7mm screws) and the lower panel(2 push clips). You'll be able to see the MC adjustment rod from there. The nut closest to the firewall is 1/2", the adjustment rod is 1/2" and the top nut, closest to the pedal, is 9/16". Atleast that's what it is on mine.

Loosen both nuts, and turn the rod accordingly to either lengthen or shorten the rod, which will raise or lower the pedal. Pay attention to the rod coming out of the cylinder(the gold colored one in the picture below). Make sure it is NOT spinning. If it is use some vise-grips to hold it while you turn the rod.

Jack up the rear of the car to get the tires off the ground. Start it up and shift it into 1st, it should be a smooth engagement. You can slowly shift through the gears. Once everything feels right, drive it a couple miles, verify you can shift smoothly slow and fast, then re-install the panels.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks much, greaty appreciated.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a clutch test afterwards.

Car on the ground.

Level, Flat surface.

Put car into 1st when foot on clutch pedal, then rev to near Redline slowly, if car moves it is not fully disengaging, and you need to do it more.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is it necessary to jack the rear end up though? Can't i just adjust it slightly, start the car up, work thru the gears, and rev it up to check I dont' start rolling forward, then drive it around some for further reassurance?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No you do not need to jack it up for adjustments, if you have done your install and bleeding, then everything can be done on the ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Do I Adjust Tick Master