Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just installed Spec Stage 3...First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Spec Stage 3...First Impressions

Hey dudes, just got the spec stage 3 clutch installed and seems everything went together very well. Clutch is the X-Pad design, also put in a spec billet steet flywheel, and the updated 01-02 master and slave. There is only a slight chatter in 1st gear if you really baby it but the clutch only had about 60 miles on it now. The clutch pedal has just a slight noticable increase in pressure and with the shim provided by spec installed, my engagement point is just a tad higher than with the stock clutch. I have also noticed, and this may be due to the engagement point higher up or the new hydraulics, but the trans will go in and out of gear much easier and much smoother than it did with the stock clutch. It took some getting used to actually, because it shifted so easily. So far I am very happy with the setup. I will try and keep this post updated as time goes on so others can learn from the experience.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
Hey dudes, just got the spec stage 3 clutch installed and seems everything went together very well. Clutch is the X-Pad design, also put in a spec billet steet flywheel, and the updated 01-02 master and slave. There is only a slight chatter in 1st gear if you really baby it but the clutch only had about 60 miles on it now. The clutch pedal has just a slight noticable increase in pressure and with the shim provided by spec installed, my engagement point is just a tad higher than with the stock clutch. I have also noticed, and this may be due to the engagement point higher up or the new hydraulics, but the trans will go in and out of gear much easier and much smoother than it did with the stock clutch. It took some getting used to actually, because it shifted so easily. So far I am very happy with the setup. I will try and keep this post updated as time goes on so others can learn from the experience.
Don't be afraid to beat on this clutch. I'm at 330rwhp now and mine hasn't slipped once. The only problem with the satge 3 is that it doesn't like to be driven " nice " , and it engages like an on off button
Old 11-14-2003, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

You're right about that, its a little tough to get it to slip, its either engaged or not.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine have 3k miles and still act like the first day,i love it!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, I'm on my second one.. the first one engaged all the way at the top from day 1
Old 11-16-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh, that was w/ 5K miles or so
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angst911
oh, that was w/ 5K miles or so
Why doesn't it matter any more? wreck? Sold? Whats up?

Quick Reply: Just installed Spec Stage 3...First Impressions