Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slave problem?

i've been having a problem with high rpm shifting with my car. so i flushed out all the old fluid and it felt a little better. but still not great. the clutch released right off the floor so i tried the adjustable stock master. got everything in and bled, very little free play in the clutch and engaged higher. when i took it out for a drive it was shifting a lot better. then i tried power shifting and things went bad. 1-2 felt great, 2-3 great, then 4th i couldn't get it in. so i let off and went to push the clutch again, no pressure what so ever.

i pulled off and looked under the car, there was a little bit of fluid that looked like it was coming from the side of the trans, where the quick connect and bleeder are. not much tho. limped it home with no clutch and tried to rebleed it. hoping i just left the bleeder loose and it blew out some fluid.

i can't get any pressure back, but when i open the bleeder, and push the pedal fluid still comes out. if i press the pedal continously without touching the bleeder i don't see fluid coming from the bell housing.

is it possible to blow the slave and still have fluid coming from the bleeder, or do i have a different problem.

i meant to check the master by pulling the quick connect and bleeding it seperate from the slave but i forgot last night.

any ideas?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks. I got so tired of that **** that I swapped in an A4. I'd try replacing the master. Fun job.

Quick Reply: slave problem?