Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Questions about Using an AT Wiring Harness with a Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Using an AT Wiring Harness with a Manual

Hey,

I'm in the final stages of swapping an LQ4 out of a 2007 Silverado 2500 into my old Jeep YJ. I have an NV4500 in it and so I had the computer re-programmed using whatever stock programming is used for a LQ4/NV4500 (minus VATS, Torque Mgt., etc.).

I've found a little difference in the physical wiring harness that has necessitated adding a wire to the PCM for the clutch position switch (that I'll have to install on the clutch pedal/linkage to get the cruise to work right). It's pin number 35, Gray Wire, circuit number 48, CPP Switch Signal (M/T) on C1 into the main PCM. (There wasn't a wire there because the donor truck was an AT, but there is now)

I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1. Is this clutch position switch a normally open switch that would connect the wire to +12V when the clutch gets pressed or a normally closed switch (like the TCC brake switch for the cruise control) that has +12V flowing through it all the time EXCEPT when the clutch is pressed?

2. Are there any other "gotchas" I'm missing when trying to get an A/T harness to function correctly with a manual transmission?

Thanks!
Jake
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Some people have swapped to a manual without wiring in the Clutch Position Switch..look into that, it may help.
I don't have that switch but my Cruise is a completely different system though.